A List Of Romeo And Juliet Argumentative Essay Topics
Being asked to make a list of essay topics based on a romantic story is always enthralling, especially when it is no other play than “Romeo and Juliet”. This romantic play, “Romeo and Juliet”, is one that portrays the pure love of two young souls. For the sake of love, noble knights did not pause before they performed heroic feats and even sacrificed their own lives just for the love they have for their ladies.
This is the type of love depicted in this amazing romance play by William Shakespeare, a literary work that turned out to be a classic as far as love stories go. Closely entangled sweethearts are immediately labeled “Romeo and Juliet”. With all these, making a list of topics built around the play will not be boring at all. Listed below are some essay topics based on the play, “Romeo and Juliet”. They are:
- Explain how fate brought these two lovers together
- Romeo’s love for Juliet and Rosaline – making comparisons
- What are the rules of marriage during the fourteenth century? Explain
- How conceivable is it that such love story could take place so quickly?
- Was it love at first sight for these two sweethearts?
- Who are the two other people who know about Romeo and Juliet’s love?
- In what ways did the two people who know about Romeo and Juliet’s love help them to achieve their goals?
- The characters of Romeo and Juliet – Compare and contrast
- What made Romeo and Juliet fall in love with each other?
- The characters of Tybalt and Mercutio – Compare and contrast
- How did the characters of Romeo and Juliet develop throughout the play?
- What is the reason behind Mercutio’s hatred for Tybalt?
- With a written character sketch, emphasis her internal conflict as far as this play is concerned
- Romeo and Juliet’s suicidal impulse – compare it to the overall theme of young love
- Explain the rationale behind Romeo and Juliet’s suicides
- Was there any other choice open to Romeo and Juliet apart from suicide?
- Analyze the relationship between parents and their children in the play, “Romeo and Juliet”
- What is the level of interaction between Romeo and Juliet and their parents?
- In modern context, would you say Romeo and Juliet were rebellious?
- How do Romeo and Juliet’s parents feel about their children?