"The Crucible" essay topics for college students: how to get a good one
The Crucible is a great play with many exciting characters. It focuses on the intolerance of religious society during Puritanism. It also focuses a lot on hysteria and the role that it might play in terms of ripping a community to pieces. It is this theme that actually starts the bad thoughts about neighbors and continues to feed them. The play focuses on reputation and how important it was in Salem.
If you read the play and now have to write about it there are many topics to cover. There are many themes involved in the play and a multitude of interesting character developments that lend themselves to great essays. But if you are unable to find a topic that suits you or find a topic that is perfect for your essay, then you should review the topics below and see if they spark any interest:
- Essay Topic #1. Write about the role played by grudges and personal rivalries in the play. Write about how it influences the hysteria related to the witch trial.
You can write about the backdrop for the trials, particularly the superstitious society and the deep religious society. You can also note the smaller feuds and rivalries that are taking place in the small town which are not related to religion. Discuss the grudge between Abigail and Elizabeth. Write about how the reverend is able to strengthen his position by creating scapegoats of those who question him.
- Essay Topic #2. Write about how the trials actually empower individuals who previously held no power in the small town.
You can write about the strict patriarchal society that is Salem and how the lower rungs within the society were able to climb the social ladder with the hysteria.
- >Essay Topic #3. Write about how the dilemma of John Proctor changes throughout the course of the play.
You can write about how this tragic hero sparks the trials inadvertently with his previous affairs.
- Essay Topic #4. Write about the roles that are played by Abigail and Elizabeth
- Essay Topic #5. Write about the role that sex and additionally, sexual repression plays in The Crucible.
- Essay Topic #6. Write about why authorities in the play, including Hathorne and Danforth, are so resistant to actually believe that Abigail is lying.
- Essay Topic #7. Analyze the reverend and his motivations in supporting the trials.
- Essay Topic #8. Write about the changes that are undergone by Reverend Hale throughout the play.
© ArizonaActingSchools.com All rights reserved. | Our Guides Lead To Successful Essay Writing